About Your Shutter-Doug
For me to capture your special moments we need to get to know each other so I can understand what makes you and your celebration unique.
I’ll go first:
- Originally from Michigan, now reside in New York City with my wife and two sons.
- Grew up playing ice hockey, baseball and performing in theater.
- Dilly The Pug was my childhood dog and we were inseparable. My kids now love that internet sensation Doug The Pug and I share the same birthday (May 20th).
- Served for several years as the official photographer for The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon shooting almost every major star on the planet.
- I'm a proud member of the Conservative Synagogue Adath Israel of Riverdale. My 2 sons who attend middle and high school at Leffell (formerly known as Solomon Schechter Westchester). Go Lions!
- My regular corporate clients include SAP, TD Bank, Mark Burnett Productions, Anchorage Capital, ScreenVision, & NBC.
- Do you like Ben & Jerry’s? If you eat the Tonight Dough Ice Cream, cover up the H in Dough and you will get the first name of the photographer who took the shot of Jimmy- yes me! I donated 100% of that fee to the Serious Fun Children’s Network which provides seriously ill children and their families the chance to attend a life changing camp experience which promotes confidence, independence and resilience at no cost.
- My photos have appeared in major publications all over the world including: The New York Times, Washington Post, Entertainment Weekly, People, US Weekly, Time, Vogue, New York Magazine, TV Guide, LA Times, Variety, The Hollywood Reporter, The Wall Street Journal, Daily Mail.
- I love chocolate, of the English variety, thanks to the influence from my British wife Sarah, sports (especially ice hockey), theater (huge Hamilton fan), Peloton (Cody, Jen, Sam), photography (especially Bar & Bat Mitzvahs) and my family including our mini Goldendoodle Skylar!
Okay now it's your turn! You can get in touch via the Contact section of this website, email direct Douglas@DouglasGorenstein.com or dial me up at 646-734-4762.
I'm excited to learn more about your photography needs & to capturing the moment for you!